Cyber attacks and data breaches are now a huge threat to the bottom line of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). Organizations need to have cybersecurity practices in place and demonstrate that they are strictly followed. If they don’t they are at risk of losing valuable business opportunities, or worse, witnessing the massive damage a breach can cause to their brand.
At Securicy our mission is to deliver a web-based platform that enables organizations to efficiently implement, maintain and demonstrate that they have strong cybersecurity practices in place. Our success is in building tools to provide services that help our clients be successful. Joining Securicy means that you are walking into a company that values open and honest communication as well as fresh perspectives and different backgrounds. If you’re the type of person who has a desire to solve problems, share your ideas, and deliver results you will feel at home with Securicy.
We are looking for a Front End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include implementing visual elements and their behaviours with user interactions. You will work with our UX designer and team of developers to build client-side logic for all Securicy products. You will also be bridging the gap between the visual elements and the server-side infrastructure and taking an active role on both sides.
– Develop new user-facing features
– Translate UX/UI wireframes into visual elements
– Build reusable code and libraries for future use
– Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
– Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
– Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
– Develop and utilise unit tests (CICD)
– Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills and Qualifiations
– Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
– Strong understanding of source versioning tools, such as Git
– Good understanding of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
– Good understanding of RSpec
– Good understanding of jQuery, Bootstrap
– Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
– Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
– Familiarity with front-end build tools, such as Grunt and Gulp
– Good understanding of browser rendering behaviour and performance
We're Looking for Someone Who Is
– A strong team player
– Passionate and focused on customer needs and the user-experience
– Thoughtful, fast, and disciplined in their execution
– Committed to continuous improvement
– Relentless in their drive to win
To apply, email your resume and a short summary on why you're a good fit for this role along with JOB ID: Securicy-FWD-001 in the subject line to email@example.com.